Sunday, November 7, 2010

The True Natural Wish Of Any Parent – The Happiness Of Their Children


Our trip to Frisco, Texas was too short. But Maxine and I come away with our hearts filled with the joy and knowledge that Sharon and Dave are not just happy together. In my opinion, they are the PERFECT modern, real life couple.

That is saying a lot. Everyone knows at least one married couple in love. And, that’s nice. But, in thinking about the all the things that that must be in place for happily married couples to be at the top of MY list, I have to make some comparisons.

No comparison would be complete without thinking about Romeo and Juliet. Not even close. Tony and Maria in West Side Story? As with Romeo and Juliet, no true comparison. The best comparison I can make with regard to Sharon’s and Dave’s “story” is: The Princess Bride.

Yes, Buttercup (Sharon) has found her true love in Westley (Dave). But as in The Princess Bride, they had to overcome some obstacles along the way. Like me. Dave is the only guy Sharon dated before becoming engaged who I did not meet first. Ah, hah. I could not scare him away!

During their time together they have had to fend off some challenges. Some were related to employment and others related to health. In all of the situations during their time together I can clearly make a connection between their lives the mean Vizzini, the interesting Inigo Initoya, the huge and super strong giant and they even had to live for awhile in the Fire Swamp.

But, all of that matters not because just as Miracle Max discovered Westley knew the most important part of a relationship was “True Love” and that it alone could conquer all, Sharon and Dave has found that same rare truth as well, which bonds their marriage like cement. So, I have seen up close and personal, again, two people who believe and understand love is “as real as the feelings you feel” and therefore, as a parent, I could not be happier.

Maxine feels Sharon and Dave live too far away. I feel they could live anywhere on the planet because knowing they are truly one of the, if not the most happy couple on earth, I don’t have to see them every month for validation to support that fact. I am satisfied knowing regardless what may come their way, Sharon found the perfect husband in Dave. And I don’t have to hurt Dave because he truly loves my daughter Sharon.

All is well that ends well. Time to go home…the end ~